1 General Information
This notice/policy is specific to PST Sales and Distribution (Pty) Ltd (PST)
The following information describes what happens with personal information provided to PST,either while visiting our website, or during the course of normal business operations. Personal information is data which could be used to identify you as a person.
The Data Protection Act no 32 of 201
8 can be accessed at :
2 Information Privacy
If you use this website, personal information when doing an enquiry may be collected. Information transmission via the internet (e.g. email communication) can be subject to security vulnerabilities, and it is not possible to completely protect the information against access by third parties. Nonetheless, PST adheres to recognised information security practices in order to secure this information.
3 What is this Privacy Notice for?
The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) was assented to by the Botswanan Parliament in order to realise the right to privacy guaranteed in the Constitution. The Act is aimed at regulating the protection of personal data and protecting the privacy of individuals. The Information and Data Protection Commission (Commission) is established under this law.
PST (“we“) value your Personal Data and we are committed to protecting your privacy whenever you interact with us. Please read this Privacy Notice (Notice) to understand our policies, processes and procedures regarding the processing of your personal data. By this Notice, we explain to you how your Personal Data is collected, used, managed and transferred by PST and also explains how you can update your Personal Data with us and exercise your rights in respect of the Personal Data provided to us.
4 The personal data that we collect
Personal data means any information that can be used to identify directly or indirectly a specific individual.
We collect Personal Data that you give to us when you request further information about our services.
5 Use of your personal data
We may process your Personal Data to communicate with you (including sending marketing or promotional materials to you), provide you with further information about our services and how we can serve you better, respond to your requests, process your application for employment with PST or to fulfil our contractual obligations with you. We may also process your Personal Data to comply with provisions of applicable laws.
Personal data may be processed where:
- there is written consent from yourself;
- processing is necessary to commence or perform of a contract in the your interests or to which you are a party;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a public interest activity or the exercise of official authority vested ;or
- processing is necessary to advance the legitimate interest of the data controller or a third-party recipient of the data, unless this interest is overridden by the interest in protecting the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, particularly the right to privacy.
6 With whom do we share your personal data?
We respect your privacy and we limit disclosure of your Personal Data to third parties. We do not sell, give or trade any Personal Data that we obtain from you to any third party for data-mining or marketing purposes. However, we may share your Personal Data with companies within the PST Group,Imperial Group and DP World FZE, service providers engaged by us to provide services to PST ,subject to appropriate data security and protection. We may also share your information where there is a regulatory or statutory obligation to disclose such Personal Data in accordance with provisions of applicable laws.
7 How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for processing purposes.
We will actively review the personal data we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal, business or consumer need for it to be retained.
8 Security and retention of your personal data
Your Personal Data is kept private and we make every effort to keep your Personal Data secure, including restricting access to your Personal Data with us on a need to know basis. We require our staff and any third parties who carry out any work on our behalf to comply with appropriate security standards to protect your Personal Data.
We take appropriate measures to ensure that your Personal Data is only processed for the minimum period necessary, in line with the purposes set out in this Notice or as required by applicable laws, until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
Our measures include implementing appropriate access controls, investing in the latest Information Security Capabilities to protect the IT environments we leverage, and ensuring we encrypt, pseudonymise and anonymise personal data wherever possible. Once your Personal Data is no longer required, we destroy it in a safe and secure manner.
9 Privacy of children
At PST, we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children as our platforms are not directed towards children. If you are a minor, please do not submit any Personal Information through our Website or Service. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide Personal Information through our Website without their permission.
10 Your rights
PST collects Personal Data only for the purposes identified in this Policy and such information cannot be reused for another purpose that is incompatible with the original purpose.
You can exercise the following rights with respect to your Personal Data with PST:
- the right to access personal data through subject access requests;
- the right to obtain a copy of the personal data held by PST;
- the right to object, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of personal data concerning them;
- the right to oppose the processing of their personal data for direct marketing; and
- Be informed of the use of your personal data;
- Request rectification and modification of Personal Data kept by PST to:
- erase your personal information;
- restrict PST use of your personal information;
- object to PST of all/part of your personal information;
- withdraw any consents you have provided for PST use of your personal information;
- receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability); and
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority
- Be informed of and entitled to provide consent prior to the processing of Personal Data for purposes other than that for which the Personal Data were collected; and
- Request for information regarding any specific processing of your personal data.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us at the details below.
If you are concerned that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect, or out of date, please write to the address below to report your concerns and we will take appropriate steps to amend our records.
11 Changes to our Privacy Notice
This privacy notice was last updated in 02 March 2023.
We reserve the right to update and amend this privacy notice at any time to reflect the way we use your personal information or changes in legal requirements. In the event of such changes, we will publish the amended data protection notice on our website. All amended information is effective from the date it is posted on our website.
12 Contact & Communication
If you would like further information on this Notice, or to contact our Data Protection Representative, you may contact us :
Unit-1, Plot 74204,
Broadhust Industrial Estates,
We will endeavour to respond to your concerns as soon as possible.